TOKBOX

Tuesday, May 15, 2007

Proud to be a Goankar

Wanted to blog about something else… infact have most of it typed out but as I sit here to complete and post the same, got some other stuff running in my mind... some other stuff I wanna blog about and so here goes… this is my space after all….

Well today as I was returning from work.. was taking about our Goan culture with a colleague and I got out of the car (colleague's of course) and headed home feeling so proud of my culture.. Proud to be a Goan..

We Goans are well knows by the 3 D's...(in no fixed order and repeated if you like ;p )

Dining
Dancing
Drinking

We're mostly cheerful and love to party. We are susegat (Konkani translated: laid back and relaxed).. We like our sheeth ani niste chi kodi (rice and fish curry)... our favorite love song which must be played for weddings and slow sessions at dances is "Molbailo dou" (...don't believe me ask any Goan who has lived the Goan life) Oh and how could I forget the Goan Masala.. Well no typical goan party ends without it...Its basically a medley.. a series of funny konkani songs which even if played continuously back to back would never bore you...

Oh and speaking of typical goan stuff.. well there's the famous sorpotel (made of pig liver and meat), may not seem like the best thing to eat.. but a delicacy no one can resist.. :) hmm what else...living in Goa means living the life of the party.. the smooth life day in and day out.. Totally chill out life.. Gotta experience it to understand...

Okay suddenly sounds like am marketing the place nah…. Had no such intention.. just feeling happy to be part of this culture. Well there’s the other side.. but we’re just thinking happy thoughts now :-)

Ok…there is this picture from my imagination (and now on my things to do list)... Me sitting by a shaley (need I mention with my special someone) by the beach under a beach umbrella... sipping on some good old monk..eating chakana with some konkani music playing in the background and just chilling out..not moving from there except of course when nature'd call.. :)... but yeah... my idea of a relaxing time...as a susegat Goankar (relaxed Goan!!!)

In Richard Wagner's words Joy is not in things; it is in us

3 comments:

Abhishek said...

maka pavs are the coolest people to hang out with...totally chilled out and relaxed. Beer and chicken and thats all they need in life. Good for you, Rowe.

Anonymous said...

arrreeyy! what men!!

u mak chick u!!

lol

is the cam out of coma yet?

also noticed the changes u have in ur blog. must say u have a good teacher.

Chrisann said...

shek don'tyou also post on eM's site?