TOKBOX

Thursday, April 26, 2007

Today I drove our car to work!!!! And I am so happy about it…!!!! Dad was with me of course…

Was a little scary at first, felt like dad was scared too... And really never imagined dad would let me drive to work… but he did and am really grateful for that... I asked dad on the way… "Are you scared" and he said "No am not"...then "I wasn't too" :) That was very encouraging...Before any turn my dad would say "turn on the left indicator darling" and I could actually feel the care and love there..

I'm sure it must've taken a lot of courage for dad to make the decision to let me drive.. cause I've been asking him for a long long time… FYI have had my license for 5 years now… if your smiling/laughing I'm not surprised… but the bottom line is I drove and I'm safe, dad's safe, no one was hurt and I'm very happy….

And as opposed to what I thought, "I've realized that when your ecstatic about something there are never enough of people to share it with.." , today everyone was at the right place…!!!

3 comments:

Abhishek said...

i remember my first driving experiences. Dad would be so protective of me..and I would hate it, because I was 18 and thought I was the best sensation to the driving community ;)

Thanks for the comments on my blog. Glad you find them interesting. I have a new post on Driving too, just shows what kind of a fanatic I am ;)

Do you subscribe to posts on a feed reader? If you dont use one already, I recommend the google reader: www.google.com/reader

Anonymous said...

no dead bodies? good then it IS safe for the walker. lol

hey so now u can giv me a lift to wherever whenever right?

and ill bring the music. u kno, my soft romantic type..........lol.......lmao

Rowe said...

Soft .. romantic muzic haan... yeah only if it the kind I like.... ;) and it'll def be the road to "somewhere" then....cause we'er all in transit remember... you too are standing in Shechem!!!!